What are your top money-saving tips for a bride on a tight budget?
· Reduce the wedding guest list for a more intimate affair that reflects what you want.
· Chances are, you will pay the bulk of the expenses about a month before the wedding. If there are multiple family members contributing to the wedding, take their contributions upfront, and put the money into a savings account or short-term CD to earn interest on it. This way, your money is making money within the year.
· Save with DIY wedding projects, if you’re crafty. Always purchase 20 percent more of the materials you need, because it leaves room for error, requires fewer trips back to a store for supplies, and eliminates additional shipping costs later.
An intimate 52-person wedding in Santorini.
What are the top things you often hear a bride say she wishes she had known or thought about while planning her wedding on her own, without the help of a planner?
Most brides feel they can handle the wedding planning, and start the race out in a full sprint only to die out shortly thereafter. The engagement process is a journey, and a bride doesn’t know what she doesn’t know (especially if she has never planned a wedding).
What are your best stress-busting tips for a busy bride?
· Once you have the look and feel for your wedding, stop reading bridal magazines.
· Always go with your gut feeling.
· Take the week off of work before your wedding.
Nerissa preparing brides at the Jan. 31, 2010, event “The Art of Planning Your Own Wedding™.”
What are some of the biggest challenges you’ve faced throughout the planning process? What do you most wish you had known when you were first getting started?
(Photo Credits: Photo #1 -- Carli Bauza & Photo #2 -- Freed Photography)
Respected throughout the wedding industry for her business savvy and artistic talent, Nerissa Montemurro brings to life a company that not only has it all, but gives every ounce of it to you! Private Receptions™ is a full service wedding planning and wedding design company founded by Nerissa herself. The firm specializes in one-of-a-kind weddings that represent their client's unique style and vision.